POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP bar (24kb) : Re: WIP bar (24kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP bar (24kb)
From: Hugo
Date: 31 Jul 2002 13:39:04
Message: <3d4820b8$1@news.povray.org>
> This is my first serious effort with POV, though I've used other
> (more expensive!) packages in the past.

Great, man.  :o)  It looks nice already. It's rather dark (I usually
complain about this but I realize a bar IS dark) and I tried to find the
photons. Must be for the glasses, but I'm not sure the photons can be seen
at this distance / resolution. The glasses are almost invisible too. But the
textures for wood and table are really good! The overall light distribution
is convincing, though as I said, dark which will hide a lot of details.

Poser? I seem to remember somebody mentioned free versions. They are
probably crippled though.

Haze? Well to keep the render time reasonable, I'd try a subtle fog{} and
small media spheres around the light sources. If you want long beams for the
lights, you could use media cones pointing in the same direction as the spot
lights.

Warp posted some code for glows:
http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/18320/

And for conical beams, Bob Hughes code can be found in this thread:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/21364/

Regards,
Hugo